Thank you for your interest in our web site and our company — Amann Girrbach AG.
Who we are:
The party responsible for processing data is
Amann Girrbach AG, FN 232930w
6842 Koblach, Austria
You can reach us at:
The data privacy officer in our company can be reached at:
We process your personal data exclusively within the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Austrian Data Protection Act (Datenschutzgesetz, DSG). In this statement you will find all relevant information about the type, extent, and purpose of the collection and use of personal data.
What are personal data?
The term “personal data” is defined in Article 4(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.” This includes any personal information such as your name or email address as well as your surfing habits and communication behavior.
Processing of personal data
We process those personal data that you provide to us as a user of the website and/or as a customer as part of a query and/or registration or to conclude a contract. The data are processed to answer questions you ask, to initiate business with new customers or to handle business with existing customers, to provide our customer support or for technical support, and for the operation, administration, and optimization of our website.
If you provide your email address when you place an order, we use the email address that you provide to regularly inform you about news related to similar products and current product offers from Amann Girrbach AG. If you decide that you would no longer like to receive information and offers, you can opt out from the use of your data for this purpose. Use the contact details given here.
We are also entitled to use the contact details provided by you for the purposes of advertising (by email) if you have expressly consented to the use of your data for marketing purposes, newsletters, customer satisfaction surveys, and information about current competitions and social media campaigns. You can withdraw your consent at any time by informing us by email dpo(at)amanngirrbach.com about your withdrawal or use the “Unsubscribe” link included in the footer of our marketing emails. Processing of your data remains lawful until the withdrawal of your consent.
The legal frameworks for the data processing are
- Consent as defined by Article 6(1) point a of the GDPR, particularly as part of the registration.
- Entering into and performance of a contract as defined in Article 6(1) point b of the GDPR.
- In order to be able to properly perform the contract, we must process your personal data.
- Marketing and advertising as defined in Article 6(1) point f of the GDPR. As an interested party in our offer, we would like to promptly and specifically inform you about news and offers related to our products.
Use and disclosure of personal data
If you have provided personal data as a user of our website and/or as a customer, we use these data exclusively for the purpose of answering your queries, performing contracts, and technical administration.
Personal data are only disclosed and/or otherwise transferred by us to third parties if this is necessary for the purpose of performing a contract and/or for invoicing purposes or if you as a user and/or customer have previously consented to this. As a user of the website and/or as a customer, you have the right to withdraw any consent that you have given at any time with effect for the future. As a result of withdrawing your consent, the lawfulness of any processing carried out on the basis of the agreement up to the time of the withdrawal is not affected.
The stored personal data are deleted if you as a user of the website and/or as a customer withdraw your consent to the retention of the data, if your data are no longer required to satisfy the purpose associated with the retention, and/or if their retention is or will be prohibited for other legal reasons. Data for invoicing purposes and accounting purposes are subject to the statutory obligation to retain data in accordance with the Austrian Federal Fiscal Code and are not affected by a request for deletion.
Which (personal) data do we process?
- Cookies and analytics services
- Registration data
- Server log files
Cookies & analytics services
Cookies are small text files that are placed by the server on your browser (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.). They can only be read by the server that placed them.
Cookies cannot cause any harm to your computer because they are passive text files that cannot contain any viruses or malware. We cannot identify any persons using the cookies that we place through our website; instead we can only generate quantitative analyses.
You can look up on your computer which cookies you have saved and regulate how the cookies are handled yourself.
You can find instructions here for deleting cookies from standard web browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
- Windows Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=de_DE&viewlocale=en_EN
Blocking third-party cookies
To prevent cookies being placed by advertisers, you can also block third-party cookies in your browser. You can find instructions to do this here for the most common browsers:
In Safari from Apple third-party cookies are blocked by default.
You can find instructions for completely blocking cookies in your browser or blocking cookies from certain websites here:
In addition or as an alternative to this, you can also use browser add-ins such as Ghostery (for all standard browsers), Disconnect, or Noscript (for Mozilla). Such tools give you transparency about which types of trackers are placed on the websites you visit and enables you to individually permit or prevent them.
If you delete or block cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions on the websites (e.g., preferences and language settings).
Please also note that by completely blocking cookies, the cookie banner appears on each page that is accessed and also that by clicking on “Agree” they do not permanently disappear because the cookie that is required for this purpose cannot be placed.
On our Amann Girrbach AG website, the following cookies are placed:
Our Content Management Framework Typo3 places session cookies that are deleted once your browser session is ended. They are used as a form of short term memory by the page so that you can navigate back and forth.
- Session cookies are necessary to provide the service (visiting the website).
- Session cookies are only placed for the duration of the visit to the website and are immediately deleted upon closing of the browser session.
- Cookies are not transferred to third parties.
- If you do not want to accept cookies on your browser, you can delete previously accepted cookies at any time and prevent the placement of new cookies directly in your browser.
Google Analytics cookies
- Legitimate interest: The analysis of the visitor statistics for our website is used to optimize our content offering for our visitors. We use Google Analytics to measure which of our website contents are accessed for how long, from which countries and cities the users come, and with which devices and browsers (e.g., iPhone, Android, Firefox, Chrome) they access the website. This is valuable information for us so that we learn which contents are well received and with which devices and browsers our pages are preferentially used.
- The cookies placed by Google Analytics are generally saved fortwo years.
- The information generated by the cookie about your usage of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. We have activated the IP anonymization of Google Analytics. This means that your IP address is truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transferred to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
- You are at liberty to install the browser add-on to deactivate Google Analytics to prevent your data being released for processing.
- Alternatively, you can also use the abovementioned options to block cookies and trackers within your browser settings (depending on the availability for the browser).
Our website uses plugins for the YouTube site operated by Google. The operator of the site is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages with a YouTube plugin, a connection is made to the YouTube servers. The YouTube server is informed which of our pages you have visited.
If you have logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to directly link your surfing habits to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
On this website the Facebook visitor activity pixel is used for statistical purposes. Using cookies, this reconstructs how our marketing messages are accepted on Facebook and how they can be improved.
With your consent to the Facebook pixel cookie, we will use the Facebook Inc. "visitor activity pixel" on our Internet presence. This allows tracking the user pattern after these have clicked on a Facebook advertisement forwarding them to the website of the provider. This method helps to evaluate the effectiveness of the Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and can assist in optimising future promotional activities. The collected data are anonymous for us, they do not permit conclusions as to the identity of the user. However, the data are stored and processed at Facebook to allow a link to the respective user profile and Facebook can use the data according to their Facebook data processing guideline (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). This can enable Facebook and its partners to place advertisements on and outside Facebook. It can also allow saving a cookie on your computer for these purposes. Consent for the use of a visitor activity pixel may only be given by users aged over 13 years. If you are younger, we request you ask your legal guardian for permission.
Registration data in business dealings – B2B
In the course of initiating and handling business (contract performance and customers’ use of the services provided by Amann Girrbach AG) with our customers, we save contact data, contract data, accounting data, and correspondence.
- For new and existing customers the processing of data is necessary to perform the contract and/or pre-contractual measures.
- For potential customers we invoke the legal framework of our legitimate interest in pursuing the business.
- In the context of invoicing deliveries or services, we are obliged on the basis of the Austrian Federal Fiscal Code (Bundesabgabeordnung, BAO), the Austrian Commercial Code (Unternehmensgesetzbuch, UGB), and the Austrian Value-Added Tax Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz, UStG) to retain personal data for the purposes of calculating and reporting taxes as well as the bookkeeping obligations that apply to us. We are unable to comply with our obligations if we do not provide your data.
- We process the data of existing customers for as long as the contractual relationship is maintained. Once this has ended we store these data until the statutory retention periods have elapsed.
- All accounting data, accounts, receipts, statements, etc. are generally stored for 7 years in accordance with the legally prescribed storage periods and are then deleted or anonymized.
- Personal customer data are stored by Amann Girrbach AG for as long as required for fulfillment of the obligations pertaining to this company or for as long as the company is entitled for the purpose of defense against any valid claims asserted against the company.
- Apart from our internal authorized employees, accounting data are forwarded where necessary to our tax consultant (and thus to third parties).
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter in which we inform you about our current events and other news related to our company. The services that have been applied for are stated in the consent form.
To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the double opt-in process. This means that after you have registered, an email is sent to the email address you gave in which we ask you to confirm that you want us to send you our newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 3 business days, your information is blocked and is automatically deleted after one month. We also save the IP addresses that you used and the time of your registration and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to verify your subscription and, if necessary, to be able to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
The only mandatory field for sending the newsletter is your email address. Providing other specially marked data is voluntary as a matter of principle and is used to be able to address you personally. Any data that we require for other purposes in a form are identified where applicable as mandatory fields. After your confirmation, we save your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal framework is Article 6(1) section 1 point a of the GDPR.
You can withdraw your consent to sending the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe to the newsletter. You can state that you are withdrawing your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by sending a letter to the contact details stated in the masthead.
We point out that we analyze your usage behavior with the sending of the newsletter. For this analysis the emails we send contain web beacons or tracking pixels that are single-pixel graphic files that are saved on our website. As part of the analyses, we link the data that is automatically collected when visiting the website (see above) and the web beacon with your email address and an individual ID. The data are collected exclusively anonymously, the IDs are thus not linked with your other personal data, and a direct link to a particular individual is not possible. The legal framework is Article 6(1) section 1 point f of the GDPR.
You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link that is provided in every email or informing us by other means. The information is saved for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we only save the data anonymously for statistical purposes.
Amann Girrbach AG is always searching for talented employees who are motivated to work with us for the benefit of the company and our customers. We receive some personal data from candidates in the form of job applications and CVs. However, in some cases we also proactively approach potential employees who have been recommended to us or whose profile on online platforms, for example, we consider promising. In addition to the contact data and information about professional experience, education and training, interests, and leisure activities that we obtain in job applications and curriculum vitae, we also record the status of the recruitment phase and our initial impressions from the first interview that takes place in our company.
- In the case of job applicants who send their data to us of their own volition, the processing is used for pre-contractual measures.
- When we proactively approach potential employees we act on the basis of our legitimate interest to add the best minds in the sector to our team and to create an attractive offer for applicants.
- In the best situation, we reach an agreement and we enjoy the addition to our team. However, a profile does not always match those positions that are currently available but may still be of great interest to us. In these cases we ask the applicant for their agreement for us to retain their data in our records.
- If an employment contract does not eventuate with potential employees, the data are stored for 6 months so that we can respond to legal claims where necessary. Only if the applicant agrees to the retention in the records are the data stored longer, at most until the withdrawal of the agreement.
- Only those persons in the company who are responsible for recruitment and the relevant executives have access to the data of job applicants. Personal data of job applicants are not passed on to third parties.
Server log files
Amann Girrbach AG collects data about access to this website and saves these as server log files. The following data are recorded in this way:
- website visited
- time of the access
- quantity of data transmitted in bytes
- source/link from which you reached this page
- browser type used, browser version, referrer URL
- operating system used
- IP address used
Your rights relating to your personal data
You can exercise at any time your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, data transmission, and objection against data processing.
Upon written request we are happy to inform you at any time about the personal data we have saved about you. Please direct your queries in this regard to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the data we have relating to you is not correct, please inform us. We will immediately rectify any errors and inform you about this.
If you no longer want us to process your data, we ask that you inform us of this without a form at email@example.com. We will of course immediately delete your data and inform you about this. If there are compelling legal reasons that prevent deletion, we will immediately inform you about this.
You also have the right to limit the processing of your data and any data transmission. If you are of the view that the processing of your data contravenes Austrian or European data protection law and that we have violated your rights as a result, we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify any issues.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at email@example.com or a European regulatory authority or to appeal to the courts.
If we process your data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw this simply by sending us an email. Processing of your data remains lawful until you withdraw your consent. You can contact us about this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to make amendments
This data privacy statement refers to the currently valid law. We expressly reserve the right to make future amendments and adjustments to the information referred to. We therefore recommend that you regularly read this information so that you remain up to date with the use of personal data and data privacy at Amann Girrbach AG. The current valid version of our data privacy statement can be accessed at: br.amanngirrbach.com/footer-menu/data-privacy-statement/